The best agents know how to extend genuine, sincere concern to callers whether they have a major problem or a minor issue. To be sure customers know that you respect them as individuals with legitimate issues and feelings, keep these dos and donts in mind.
- Stay in control of your own emotions
- Use empathy to reflect the callers feelings and concerns
- Realize that your customers satisfaction is your success
- Extend yourself to resolve difficult problems.
- Deal only with the issue or problem
- Show impatience
- Judge the callers feelings
- Let one negative call bleed into the next one.
More practical tips for service professionals appear in the November issue of Customer Communicator newsletter.