Sometimes, the best way to meet customer expectations is by NOT doing certain things. Here are some ideas for creating a personal not-to-do list. A list like this is a useful tool and refresher for starting each day.
- DO NOT get distracted when talking to customers.
- DO NOT interrupt before the customer has completed their thoughts.
- DO NOT assume that your first solution is the best solution.
- DO NOT expect problems to take care of themselves.
- DO NOT forget to follow up with customers to be sure their issue is resolved.
- DO NOT stop learning new things.
What’s on your Not-to-Do list? More practical tips for service professionals appear in the May issue of Customer Communicator newsletter.