Web Extras – Skill Sharpener
Banish negativity at work — Replace negative mottos and cartoons on office walls with our motivational mini-posters.
Creating a positive work environment — Read about successful recognition programs, which include daily recognition, informal recognition, and formal recognition all focused on the goals for the team.
Meeting customer expectations — Read an interview with Author Michael Levine who suggests that organizations can often meet customer expectations by fixing small things.
Keep political talk low key — Encourage your team to avoid political talk with Conversation Cards. Available in a variety of formats, Conversation Cards can spark conversation and encourage people to learn more about each other.
Five small things that make a big impression on customers — Reinforce key points in the article with a colorful glancer that reps can post in their work areas.
Help your reps to focus on the customer on every call — A lot of companies claim to have a customer focus. But it most often falls to the customer service rep to live up to that claim. Here is some advice from customer service consultant and author, Shep Hyken:
• A blog post on how the employee experience contributes to the customer experience.
• A video presentation on how to use customer service to stand out from the competition.
Create a positive work environment for your team — A positive environment contributes to better service, happier customers, and customer service reps who are more confident about their service skills. The following resources will help:
• Suggestions from JoAnna Brandi on how to “pivot” toward positivity.
• Advice from Brandi and other experts on making a positive impression on customers. Handout.
• Our Frontline Spotlight Award, a low-cost way to recognize and reward reps for maintaining a positive attitude.
This month service leaders showed reps how to stand out and make a difference. The following resources will help you recognize those efforts and ensure that your entire team stands out.
• Information on our Frontline Spotlight award, a low-cost way to recognize stand-out reps.
• A blog post by Jeff Toister on the importance of developing a service culture.
• A radio broadcast with Shep Hyken and Gigi Butler on how to stand out from the competition.