Web Extras – Skill Sharpener
Support your reps’ efforts to obtain customer feedback — John Goodman, vice chairman of Customer Care Measurement & Consulting (CCM&C), and author of Customer Experience 3.0, shares two recent documents to help managers obtain, understand, and use customer feedback. They include:
- An article on “Taking Your Voice of the Customer Program to the Next Level.”
- A summary of highlights from CCM&C’s 2017 Customer Rage Study.
There’s much that managers can do to alleviate stress in the workplace — Service expert Genella MacIntyre recommends that managers help their teams by monitoring stress levels, providing back up, offering praise, and setting up a quiet room. These resources provide additional insights:
• Five steps to help managers reduce stress, a leadership article from Genella MacIntyre.
Train your reps to handle customers online and via social media — Online service skills are a growing necessity for reps in today’s digital communication age. Managers need to make sure their reps are prepared. Here are some resources:
Help your reps understand and appreciate generational differences — This month author Meagan Johnson discussed generational differences in the workplace. Below she shares additional resources.
- A video with Meagan Johnson, and her father, Larry Johnson speaking about generational traits.
- A blog post by Meagan Johnson which discusses generational issues in the workplace.
What resolutions will you and your reps be making for the New Year? — Following are resources with suggestions on important areas for improvement in the New Year:
- An article by Shep Hyken on the personal traits that make for good customer service.
- An article by John Goodman on how managers can empower their employees to make improvements.
- A New Year’s Resolutions poster to print and share with your team.
Make sure your reps are prepared to deal with angry and irate customers — Here’s more advice from Nancy Friedman on important topics covered in this month’s issue of Customer Communicator.
- More on training to avoid emotional leakage.
- More on training to understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and why it matters.
Adding the human element to customer service — This month author Jeff Toister recommends two resources from his website.
Support your reps’ efforts to become top achievers — For more advice for both reps and managers from You Can Win author Shiv Khera, please check out the following resources:
- A checklist from Khera on Six phrases star performers never use.
- A management-oriented video featuring Shiv Khera offering advice on how to become a “high-impact leader.”
Create a culture of appreciation — A culture of appreciation can boost positive relationships between coworkers and increase engagement and productivity, says Dr. Paul White in this month’s issue of Customer Communicator. Here are additional resources:
- A blog post in which Dr. White discusses how employees want to be SHOWN APPRECIATION.
- An article from the Customer Service Group archives in which Dr. White offers advice on how to cope with a “toxic work environment.”