Keep a positive attitude! — A positive attitude helps to reduce stress and to build customer relationships. Here are some ways to keep that positive energy going.
Train your reps to handle customers online and via social media — Online service skills are a growing necessity for reps in today’s digital communication age. Managers need to make sure their reps are prepared. Here are some resources:
Help your reps understand and appreciate generational differences — This month author Meagan Johnson discussed generational differences in the workplace. Below she shares additional resources.
- A video with Meagan Johnson, and her father, Larry Johnson speaking about generational traits.
- A blog post by Meagan Johnson which discusses generational issues in the workplace.
Set goals for yourself — By setting clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals, and you’ll see forward progress in your career. Here are goal setting strategies and suggestions from frontline reps.
What resolutions will you and your reps be making for the New Year? — Following are resources with suggestions on important areas for improvement in the New Year:
- An article by Shep Hyken on the personal traits that make for good customer service.
- An article by John Goodman on how managers can empower their employees to make improvements.
- A New Year’s Resolutions poster to print and share with your team.
Try your hand at mentoring — Whether mentoring in your organization is a formal or an informal process, it is a great way to build connections on your team and to get new reps up to speed quickly. Here are tips on making the most of the mentoring experience.
Make sure your reps are prepared to deal with angry and irate customers — Here’s more advice from Nancy Friedman on important topics covered in this month’s issue of Customer Communicator.
- More on training to avoid emotional leakage.
- More on training to understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and why it matters.
Don’t let the holidays stress you out — Use these time management tips to keep yourself on track during the holidays.
Manage your time this holiday season — Take this quick quiz to assess your time-management skills and to see where you might need improvement.
Adding the human element to customer service — This month author Jeff Toister recommends two resources from his website.
Use Customer Service Week to build trust — Building trust with customers and coworkers is an important part of customer service. Click here to access our mini-poster on the “Five Rules of Building Trust.”
Support your reps’ efforts to become top achievers — For more advice for both reps and managers from You Can Win author Shiv Khera, please check out the following resources:
- A checklist from Khera on Six phrases star performers never use.
- A management-oriented video featuring Shiv Khera offering advice on how to become a “high-impact leader.”